Thursday, June 23, 2011

Project: Tram Engine

So, I guess I'll begin my first model railway project here.
I've decided to scratch-build a 4mm scale model of a LNER Y6 (GER G15) 0-4-0 Tram Engine. I'll be constructing it from a material known as Chipboard, also known as paperboard. Plans for the 4mm scale model can be found in the July 1961 issue of Railway Modeller
7mm Scale Model from Connoisseur Models
So, some information about the prototype: This class of ten engines was built in 1883 by the GER to work on the Wisbech and Upwell tramway. They were designed to meet the rigid specification for locomotives operating on public roads. After the LNER J70 class (GER C53) of Tram engines was introduced on the lines, the class was used elsewhere, notably at the Yarmouth Port. The last locomotive was withdrawn in 1952.

No comments: